SENIOR PHOTO TIPS – FOR THE GUYS Part 2
In getting yourself all prepared for your senior portraits photo session, it can feel overwhelming just to know which outfits to choose and how to look your best. In my previous blog post I gave you the first 5 tips of what I believe you need to get yourself prepared as best as possible.
In this post I will continue the list. Here are tips numbers 6-12.
6. Iron your clothes. Bring them on hangers, either hanging or nicely laid out in the back of your vehicle. Wrinkly clothes simply just don’t make you look good in photographs. If you make that extra effort you’ll thank yourself later.
7. Don’t change your hair too drastically. Have your hair cut or trimmed a week or two before your senior pictures. If your hair stylist makes a mistake, that gives it time to grow a little. If you want to try a totally new look, wait until after your photo shoot.
8. Shave or trim. If you have facial hair, make sure it’s trimmed nicely. But if you normally have a clean shaven look, make sure you shave the morning of your shoot.
9. If you wear glasses and want to wear them in your photos, check with your eye doctor if you can borrow a pair of frames without lenses that are alike or similar to the ones you usually wear. Otherwise, wear contact lenses or we can do some photos with and some without your glasses.
10. Smile once in a while. I won’t make you smile for every shot; it’s fine with me if you want to look tough or serious. However, a smile flatters anyone, and your family will enjoy seeing a few smiles in some of your pictures.
11. Bring some props (optional). Sports equipment, medals and trophies, hats, instruments, a fistful of paintbrushes, pets, your volley-/foot-/soccer ball, your car, etc. If it makes you who you are, consider if you’d like some photos with it. We could do that either indoors or outdoors.
12. Think about what type of outdoor background you’d like. After the studio session we will go to a nearby park/downtown area. Think in terms of parks, water, city/architectural…Here in Lake Oswego we can choose can between any of these.If you don’t have any strong preferences, I can make some suggestions. But all of this is really up to you.
Remember, when you book me, I will have an in-person or video chat with you to help you plan your outfits, accessories and props (if applicable). But this will help you get an idea of what you can expect.